As Australians increase their reliance on technology, IT assets disposal has becoming a big problem in Melbourne and the rest of the nation. In our tech savvy world, it has become a trend to constantly update our electronic devices on a regular basis. While the technological advancements are welcome, it means we’re left with a whole lot of electronic devices we don’t need anymore, resulting in the need for disposal.
At WEEEBYTES, we take care of your varying needs of IT Assets disposal in Melbourne where our bespoke procedures ensure your disposed assets are responsibly taken care of and don’t end up in a landfill.
In general, these are the types of products, which we are able to collect and recycle:
- PCs & Laptops
- PC Components – Fans, Heat Sinks, CPUs, RAM etc.
- Servers & Racks
- Display Equipment – CRTs, LCD Monitors
- Hard Drives
- Mobile Phones / Smartphones / Tablets
- Telecoms Equipment
- Network Equipment
- Routers & Modems
- Circuit Boards
A whole range of precious ferrous, non-ferrous metals and plastics are extracted from IT Assets where circuit boards are stripped then processed in specialised smelters to remove gold, silver and palladium.
While we pride ourselves to process the assets locally, unfortunately, the technologies and services required to recycle material like circuit boards are currently not available in Australia. At WEEEBYTES, we are committed to using world best practice and regularly assesses the available processes to ensure the highest environmental standards are maintained.
WEEEBYTES recycling process sets a high standard:
- In-house segregation of assets to ensure the bespoke procedure will be applied to the assets / materials.
- In-house disassembly of IT assets to component level.
- Maximised recovery of raw commodities and materials for reuse.
- Traceability of material through ownership of downstream recycling process.